Your Facebook business page name is a very important aspect of your page.
Your Facebook business name is what makes your page unique and gives your brand identity.
Often times, the need to change your Facebook page name arises. This could be because you change our business name, and you also want your Facebook page name to reflect this change.
The good news is that it can be done if you follow my outlined process below.
In this article, I will be showing you how to change page name on Facebook.
If you are ready to begin, let’s get to it.
How To Change Your Page Name on Facebook
1. Click About on the left side of your Page.
2. Click Edit next to your Page’s name.
3. Enter a new Page name and click Continue.
What Page Names are Allowed on Facebook?
Before you go ahead to change your Facebook page name, please review the following guidelines below.
Page names must accurately reflect the Page. Keep in mind that only authorized representatives can manage a Page for a brand, place, organization or public figure.
Page names can’t include:
- Terms or phrases that may be abusive or violate someone’s rights.
- The word “official” if the Page isn’t the official Page of a brand, place, organization or public figure.
- Improper capitalization (example: tHe best CaFE). Page names must use grammatically correct capitalization and may not include all capital letters, except for acronyms.
- Symbols (example: ® ) or unnecessary punctuation.
- Descriptions or slogans (example: The Best Cafe – We serve the best coffee in town). People who manage Pages can add this information to a Page’s About section.
- Any variation of the word “Facebook.”
Page Names Can’t Consist only of:
- Generic words (example: Pizza). Pages must be managed by official representatives of the topics they’re about.
- Generic geographic locations (for example: New York). However, you can create a Page name for an organization that represents a geographic location. For example, “New York City – Mayor’s Office” and “Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain” are acceptable Page names.
In addition, there is a limit of 75 characters in your Page name.
Why You May Not Be Able to Change Your Facebook Page Name
Not every Page can change its name at any time it wishes.
Here are some reasons you might not be able to change the name of your business Page:
1. You don’t have a Page role that allows you to change your Page’s name.
2. You or another admin recently changed your Page’s name (details below).
3. There may be limits on your Page (details below).
You can’t change the name of a regional Page if it falls under a global Page.