The National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) officially established NJHS in 1929, eight years after it founded the National Honor Society for high school students.
Five main purposes have guided chapters of NJHS from the beginning: To create enthusiasm for scholarship, To stimulate a desire to render service, To promote leadership, To encourage responsible citizenship, and to develop character in the students of secondary schools. These purposes also translate into the criteria used for membership selection in each local chapter.
Also read: How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook App
The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) elevates a school’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. These five pillars have been associated with membership in the organization since its inception in 1929.
Students must be in their second semester of the sixth grade for consideration. Ninth grade students are only eligible for inclusion in NJHS if they attend a middle-level school. Ninth grade students in a traditional 9-12 high school are not eligible for NJHS membership. Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 85, B, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent standard of excellence. (Each school chapter is allowed to require a higher cumulative GPA).
The essay needs to be superbly written in a comprehensible manner. Also, this NJHS essay example below can aid candidates in discovering what information is essential or inevitable for an excellent essay.
NJHS Essay Guides
- Outline your Essay: Begin by generating creative ideas for your essay. Here, recall all your accomplishments prove that you satisfy the standards for the NJHS. Now, outline the composition of your essay before writing so as to make your essay ordered and competent.
- Highlight your Educational Achievements: Firstly, emphasize your erudite accomplishments. NJHS membership is given only to students that have exhibited educational merit. Also, list your cumulative grade point average, class status, and any honors, such as Honor Roll, that acknowledge your erudite achievements. Do not forget to list honors, modern placement programmes that you have obtained or in which you are presently registered.
- Discuss your Leadership: Also, throw more light on your leadership experience. By way of illustration, if you have served as a class leader or in any leadership office in an after-school activity, add information or data of such experience or encounter.
- Discuss How you have been of Service: NJHS needs students who have contributed to their communities or societies freely and voluntarily, therefore highlight those experiences orderly.
- Highlight your Qualities or Character: NJHS also needs students who are neighborly, trustworthy, dependable, polite, true to people, and civilized. Discuss several ways you have displayed the above features or qualities.
- Prove you are A Good Citizen: Also, NJHS needs students that know the importance of civil society involvement, proved through their engagement in societies or associations within the school or outside the school. Discuss your involvement in after-school activities such as Regional-focused associations.
- Proofread your Essay: Yeah, thoroughly go through your work again to ensure that it is your best and also ensure there are no typographical errors. Finally, it is advisable you should ask a teacher or any learned being to go through your essay thoroughly before you submit it with your application.
NJHS Essay Example
“Selected by my lecturers and other heads to be a candidate for membership in the National Honor Society is an exceptional privilege for me. This implies that I have accomplished my purpose of expressing my resolution and zeal to assist people and serve the neighborhood.
It is my belief that I could become a worthy member of the NHS because I am diligent, zealous, dependable and I have all the characteristics demanded by this prominent institution, such as scholarship, leadership, character, and service capabilities.
My academic accomplishments or successes are the results of my diligent work and certitude that my membership in the NHS is another move that will allow me to gain success and treasure the possibilities of becoming a leader and hence a reliable role model for other people. Possessing a GPA of 3.88 and 3.97 in the 9th and 10th grades, respectively, I have demonstrated to my lecturers and myself that I could definitely make my dreams come true.
Being part of NHS is one of my dreams. Also, while in high school, I have been taking all honors courses, and as a basic beginner or student, I have competed in many educational or academic contests such as the Academic Challenge in 6th and 7th grade, where my squad and I scored the second and first places, respectively.
Aside from studying with commitment and partaking in academic contests, I also play a vital role in the school. From an early age, I had an opportunity to improve my management or leadership and organizational abilities through games and had my school club win numerous contests.
My institution is one of the locations where my leadership qualities are appreciated because oftentimes I head many activities, such as organizing presentations or shows, staging exhibitions, and institution tours with my lecturers. As a leader, I work in a team and take into consideration my equals’ opinions to make our plans productive and delightful for all.
My qualities aid me to earn the belief and regard of my equals as they consider me to be a confident, unprejudiced, and dependable or trustworthy person. Also, I have learned to resolve issues or difficulties and disputes; big thanks to this excellent experience of management or leadership, and I am always available to help or support my equals if need be.“
That’s all on National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) Essay Examples and Guides. Trust me, this article would really help.