The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is the leading Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution in Africa providing functional, flexible, accessible, and cost-effective education for all who seek knowledge. It currently has 103 Study Centres spread across the six geo-political zones of the country. The current student population stands at over five hundred thousand. NOUN leverages Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to deliver an education tailored towards the globalized economy. The University offers exceptional academic programmes that meet the specific needs of all sectors of the global economy, in the Arts; Health; Law; Physical, Social, Agricultural, and Management Sciences.
The National Open University of Nigeria is designed to increase the access of all Nigerians to formal and non-formal education in a manner convenient to their circumstances. It caters to the continuous educational development of professionals such as Teachers, Accountants, Bankers, Lawyers, Nurses, Engineers, Politicians, Self-employed, Businessmen, and Businesswomen.
NOUN dedicates itself to preparing professionals in various disciplines through the distance learning mode. It offers a choice of qualifications from Certificate, Diploma, Degrees, and stand-alone self–development courses. Instruction is provided through flexible delivery which allows learners the convenience to choose the time, place, and what to study.
Here are some of the benefits of studying at the National Open University of Nigeria;
- Enhanced access to quality education;
- Improved general level of literacy;
- Studying through a variety of methods;
- Increased opportunity for skill acquisition;
- Cost-effective educational opportunities; and
- Organized and comprehensive open and distance learning programmes.
List of NOUN Undergraduate Courses
- Agricultural Extension and Management
- Agricultural Science Education
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Banking and Finance
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Chemistry Education
- Christian Religious Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Education
- Cooperative and Rural Development
- Criminology and Security Studies
- Development Studies
- Early Childhood Education
- English Education
- Environmental Health Science
- Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Film Production
- French Education
- Health Education
- Human Kinetics Education
- Information Technology
- Integrated Science Education
- Islamic Studies
- Library and Information Science Education
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Nursing Science
- Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- Physics Education
- Political Science
- Primary Education
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Tourism Studies
- Transport Management
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes
- An applicant for undergraduate admission into NOUN is normally expected to have a minimum of five O-level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- Additional requirements might apply for some programmes and these can be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry-level at the Faculty’s admission page.
- To apply for a programme, select the Faculty, choose the programme and entry-level so that the “View Requirement” button is enabled. Clicking this button will reveal the corresponding entry requirement and enable the “Apply” button on the pre-payment application page.
- Fill in all the remaining details on the page before submitting.
- On successful submission of the pre-payment form, you will be redirected to Remita to obtain an RRR invoice which would be used to effect payment for the application form.
- An applicant who pays online using a payment card will automatically obtain the online form which must be filled before submission.
- Applicants who pay through a bank branch must click on Continue after payment and enter their Unique ID and RRR. Also, they would be given the opportunity to change the Programme applied for.
- Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process up to the point when they will be re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated Unique ID with the old RRR used for payment when they click “Proceed after payment.”
- In all cases, a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous.
Note: Studying with the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) gives a rewarding experience as they give one all the support he/she needs to succeed.
Yeah, that’s all on NOUN Courses and Admission Requirements. Believe me, this article would help.