Primarily, the NYSC camp is an interesting place to be where you will surely spend a maximum of twenty-one (21) days on camp. Yeah, there are some essential items that you are required to take to camp. Therefore, this NYSC camping checklist will help to know some essential or fundamental materials, and items to take to camp.
Failure to go to the camp without the items and materials listed in details below is like a Soldier heading to the war front without his/her weapons. In summary, this article helps by preparing you ahead of time and also lets you know what is really needed in Nysc camp.
NYSC Camping Checklist
The Originals and at least five (5) photocopies of the following documents are required:
- Call Up Letter.
- Duly Signed Green Card.
- School Identity Card.
- Statement Of Result or/and First university degree or HND certificate (Nigerian foreign-trained graduates).
- Medical doctors and optometrists are required to produce in addition, evidence of completion of housemanship, registration certificate with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria/Optometrists Association of Nigeria.
- Pharmacists shall produce in addition, evidence of completion of internship and registration certificate with Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
- Nurses are to present original Licence and Certificate of registration with the Nursing/Midwifery council of Nigeria.
- Medical Laboratory Scientists are also to present their Licence and certificate of registration with the Medical laboratory scientists Council of Nigeria.
- For Nigerian foreign-trained graduates; their Nigerian International Passport must show clearly: Entry visa to the country of study, First Departure Date from Nigeria, Date of return to Nigeria after the period of study, Date page of the passport, Residence Permit (for Graduates from Institutions located within West African Countries Only). Also, Graduates with dual nationality are required to Up-load Data pages of both International Passports and present the Passport for verification at the Camp.
- Passport photographs (at least ten (10) copies).
- Medical Certificate of fitness.
- Coloured/Sunday Wears (3)
- Plain White Round Neck T-Shirts (2-5)
- Plain White Sneakers/Plain White Rubber Shoes/Tennis Shoes (1-2 pairs)
- Underwear/Undies (2-5)
- White Shorts/Half-pants (2-5)
- White Socks (4-7 pairs)
- Permanent Marker
- Small Stapler
- Correction Fluid/Correction Pen
- File/Clear Bag
First Aid Items
- Allergy Medicine
- Anti-Malaria Pills
- Anti-Purging Pills
- Basic Drugs (Paracetamol and/or Panadol)
- Cotton Wool
- Inhaler (Those with Asthma)
- Menstrual Pain Drugs
- Methylated Spirits
- Nausea Relief Drugs
- Robb/Aboniki Balm
Other Personal Needs
- Nose Mask
- Hand Sanitizers
- Bath Soap, Sponge, and Sponge Case
- Bed Sheets, Blanket, Pillow Cases, and Pillow
- Bleach(Jik or Hypo)
- Body Cream
- Bucket and Bowl
- Cardigan (Plain White Or Colours Related To White)
- Mobile Chargers or Chargers
- Clothes Hangers (3-5 pieces)
- Combs, Hair Brush, and Hair Needs
- Cutleries (Plate, Bowl, Cup, and Spoon Only)
- Detergent and Bar Soap
- Flask/Food Pack
- Mosquito Net/Repellent
- Polish and Brush
- Power Bank (Very Essential)
- Surge Protectors/Extensions
- Bathroom Slippers
- Money and ATM Cards
- TorchLight (Rechargeable or If you are going with a torchlight that uses batteries, ensure you go with enough batteries to the camp).
- Waist Bag/Pouch
- Other Essentials Needs for the Ladies
- Sunglasses and Wristwatch
Please note; If there are other things that you think are essential or required and it’s not included in this article, please do well to go with them.
That’s all on Nysc Camping Checklist, trust me this article would help.